PISAFE is a project that is managed by PITAC with the collaboration of a sub committee comprising of representatives of the NT Cattlemen’s Association, NT Farmers and the NT Seafood Council. Funded by the NT Government Department of Justice and with support from NT WorkSafe the 2 year project began in July 2012.
The aim of the project is to:
- Improve awareness of work health and safety and compliance with legislation across the NT primary industry sector
- Introduce effective WHS systems to primary industry sector workplaces
- Improve culture and capacity in primary industry firms to reduce incidents and fatalities
Some of the activities the project will undertake include:
- Developing promotional strategies to increase awareness of WHS issues and reporting in NT primary industry businesses
- Conducting face to face meetings to aid implementation of WHS systems
- Conducting risk audits and identify high risk areas for prioritised attention
- Promoting the reporting of incidents and accidents
- Delivering targeted activities designed to increase WHS awareness
- Delivering one to one coaching to businesses to improve their ability to comply with WHS laws
- Delivering group workshops to increase understanding and demonstrate ways of improving business performance with improved WHS practices
- Developing tools and templates to assist primary industry in building capacity
The tools and templates, as well as other relevant resources that are developed during the project can be downloaded from here.
Alternatively you can contact PISAFE on 8981 0055 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a Start-up Kit that will include many of the resources and a list of links to some of the relevant websites.