PITAC has a role in providing the primary industries with current, relevant and timely training to meet the needs of industry. To do this PITAC:
- Provides advice in the development, improvement, review and implementation of training packages.
- Provides advice on occupations and skills demand and associated training needs
- Provides assistance to government with the development of industry qualification such as Certificates I and II in Rural Operations and Certificate II in Conservation and Land Management for inclusion in the Vocation Education and Training in Schools Program
- Represents industry at Careers Expos and forums and promotes primary industry as a career in magazines and to careers advisors at schools throughout NT.
- Providing/sourcing information of funding opportunities available to industry
PITAC has input to and can provide advice on the following training packages
- AHC10 – Agriculture, Horticulture and Conservation and Land Management
- FPI11 – Forest and Forest Products
- FPP10 – Pulp and Paper Manufacturing
- TDM07 – Maritime
- FDF10 – Food Processing
- MTM11 – Australian Meat Industry
- ACM10 – Animal Care Management
- SFI11 – Seafood Industry